A postman is facing four drug charges, including importing cannabis, almost three months after a package containing the illegal drug was found at the General Post Office.
Ondrea Griffin, 39, of Waverly Cot, St George has been accused of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of five pounds of cannabis.
According to a statement issued by police public relations officer Inspector David Welch this evening, the package of compressed cannabis was mailed to Barbados and the Drug Squad’s investigation into the January 28 discovery led to Griffin’s arrest.
He is expected to appear in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App