by Keith Holder
Barbados reached 85 for two off 28 overs in their first innings at lunch after winning the toss on the opening day of their WICB first-class semi-final match against Jamaica at Kensington Oval here today.
The not out batsmen were Shai Hope on 22 and left-hander Jonathan Carter, one.
Captain Kraigg Brathwaite, playing back and across, was leg before wicket by medium-pacer David Bernard for 15 with the score on 29.
And left-hander Omar Phillips, sweeping, was caught at backward square-leg by Jermaine Blackwood off leg-spinner Damion Jacobs for 33. It was then 82 for two.
In the other semi-final, the Windward Islands were 112 for four off 27.2 overs in their first innings after they were sent in by Trinidad & Tobago at the Queen’s Park Oval.
Keddy Lesporis made 39, while Sunil Ambris was unbeaten on 34. Tyrone Theophile contributed 30.
Fast bowler Shannon Gabriel picked up two for 22.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App