A man who allegedly stabbed his brother in the face is soon expected to face a murder charge.
Julien Leroy Griffith, 38, of Colleton, St Peter was remanded to prison on April 14 after being charged with serious bodily harm in connection with the April 12 stabbing of Antonio Orlando Griffith, 40, of the same address.
However, his brother died at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital last Wednesday and a statement from police this morning indicated that the charge is expected to be upgraded to murder.
The siblings were involved in a dispute at their family home when the fatal stabbing occurred.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App