by George Alleyne
Patriarch of the Spiritual Baptist movement, Archbishop Dr Granville Williams, lay in repose today at the Jerusalem Apostolic Cathedral as government and parliamentary representatives joined with thousands of Barbadians and overseas visitors in paying tribute.
Speaking at the thanksgiving service held at the Cathedral Church of Jerusalem, Ealing Grove, Christ Church, Minister of Culture, Stephen Lashley, said this is a time to celebrate Williams’ life and work.
Leader of the Opposition, Mia Mottley said the patriarch revolutionised the culture of worship in Barbados and ‘shall live on in our hearts’.
The funeral service for the archbishop, who passed away at the age of 90, will be held tomorrow.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App