TORONTO, Canada, CMC – Top jockey Patrick Husbands delivered a rare win at Woodbine for owner Saffie Joseph, in an all Barbadian affair over the weekend.
Paired with the six-year-old bay mare, Admitit, for the six furlong trip, Husbands stalked the early leader Touring Hong Kong from second before getting to the front in the upper stretch, and reaching the finish 2-1/2 lengths clear.
Also trained by Barbadian Ricky Griffith, the favourite completed the trip in one minute, 11.46 seconds.
Saturday’s victory came for Joseph in his only start at Woodbine this season.
However, the day was a frustrating one for Husbands, who managed just one win while piling up five second place finishes on the 10-race card.
He lies second in the jockeys standings on eight wins from 29 starts, six behind two-time defending champion Luis Contreras.
The Woodbine season started April 12 and runs until December 7.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App