A 35-year-old man who was being sought by police for more than two months has been captured, while a woman who allegedly assisted him during that time has been charged.
Police say Andre Clyde Cave, whose last known address was Fairfield Cross Road, Tudor Bridge, St. Michael was captured during a police operation.
At the time, he was being driven by Leilani Johnson of #128 Platinum Avenue, Cane Garden St Thomas.
According to lawmen, eight ziplock bags with a quantity of cannabis and a grey piece of plastic with a loose quantity of the drug were found during a search of the vehicle.
Cave is currently in custody assisting with what is being described as a major investigation, while Johnson appears in court today charged with assisting an offender and possession of cannabis.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App