It is three feet shorter than the 31-foot kite flown on Easter Monday, but the residents of Andrew’s, Tenantry, St Joseph haven’t had the same luck.
Up to 4 pm, they were still battling to put the massive kite – made from bamboo, plastic and rope – in the air.
The activity aims to foster team spirit and bring villagers closer together.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App