Cheryl and Barry Spencer from Portchester on the English south coast will be rallying in the Caribbean for the third time this year when they take part in Sol Rally Barbados 2014 slated for May 30 and June 1.
Cheryl will be the lone female driver, as local competitor Shannon Kirton has returned to co-driving for this year’s rally. There are another ten female co-drivers include seven more from overseas, four of whom are newcomers to the event.
Having enjoyed a holiday in the island at rally time the previous year, Cheryl (Bell, as she was then) and Barry returned to compete in a Vauxhall Astra and got married at The Boatyard two days before Sol Rally Barbados 2008. Their first trip ended in disappointment, a wiring loom fire four stages from the finish causing retirement, but things went better the following year. They finished 31st overall and second in Production 3.
This year they will compete in the popular Clubman class in the Ford Fiesta formerly campaigned by Danny Williams.
Cheryl said: “I’m so excited to be doing Sol Rally Barbados 2014 and I’m back to burn rubber for the girls . . . so bring it on! A big thank-you to Chris Williams, who asked me to drive the car when he heard we’d booked a holiday to spectate, and to all our sponsors.”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App