The Barbados Port Inc.’s Community Outreach Committee took the spirit of good cheer to the patients of the Geriatric Hospital on Beckles Road at Easter. The committee’s visit was part of a commitment by CEO David Jean-Marie to donate supplies quarterly this year to the hospital.
“Our elderly have paved the way for us to be where we are today, and it is sad that, in some cases, they have nowhere else to turn to but the hospital. We at the Port hope that our donation would in some way help their situation and demonstrate that they are not forgotten by the society,” he said.
Staff nurse Marissa Carter accepted the donation on behalf of the hospital and thanked the committee for generously giving gifts and singing to the elderly. The Barbados Port Inc.’s Community Outreach chairman Meshell Rawlins said the group looked forward to helping the less fortunate in the community and was especially happy to be able to help the elderly.
“Easter is a time of worship and family, and we felt that having committed to the Geriatric Hospital, we should visit at this time so that the patients would feel a part of the Easter activities,” Rawlins said.
The next visit to the hospital is scheduled for summer. (PR)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App