The Lodge Road Draughts Tournament is shaping up for keen contests in the closing rounds of the Masters and B classes.
Ronald “Suki” King defeated the “King of Cross” retired teacher Darwin Lorde 2-0 on Sunday to move to 11 points after five rounds, two more than nearest rival Anthony “Rat” Agard. Agard won from Colin Price 1-0 to inch within distance of world champion King.
Lorde and Cedric Fields, team members with St Martins, are tied in third place on seven points. Fields won 1-0 from the promising Julian Burgess.
The B class is also being contested keenly with four front-runners after nine rounds – Robert Taylor, Oliver Whitford, Andrew Harris and Hallam Hope all on 16 points.
Owen “Bamm” Forde and Matthew Barnett are in close contention on 12 points while Matthew’s brother, Mark, is on 11.
The sixth round of the Masters category will be played tomorrow, while the B class resumes Sunday with all matches taking place at Best Road, Christ Church. (HH)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App