by Emmanuel Joseph
Private Timothy Bancroft has been dismissed from the Barbados Defence Force with immediate effect.
Just minutes ago, the five-man court martial panel hearing the matter ruled that the soldier must be dismissed on the charge of escaping custody.
He has also been severely reprimanded for disobeying Force orders and has been fined 56 days pay for stealing one of his colleague’s camouflage uniforms.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App