The 2014 Pine Hill Open, now in its 16th year, hosted its prize-giving ceremony recently at the Ocean View Tennis Club at Needham’s Point.
Category manager for juice and dairy, Henry Yearwood, reported that this year’s tennis competition attracted 112 competitors ranging in age from nine to 63 years old.
Prizes were presented to the runner-up and winner of several categories, including Under-11, Under-13, Under-16, Under-18, doubles, singles, mixed doubles, 35 to 45 and over-45.
“This tennis event is a staple on the local tennis calendar and has supported the development of the sport over the past 16 years. The opportunity to support a sporting activity which spans the entire family is in line with Pine Hill’s focus to support family at all stages of life and development,” Yearwood said. (PR)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App