In an unprecedented move, The Nation newspaper has been banned from all events hosted by the Central Bank of Barbados.
Governor Dr Delisle Worrell notified newspaper officials of his decision last week, after The Nation published a front page story alleging that 60 bank employees would be sent home due to financial difficulties.
Dr Worrell accused the newspaper of lacking professional integrity.
The Nation has since sought to clarify its report, while admitting that the number of people to be laid off at the central bank was not definite as its headline suggested.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App