The Barbados Football Association is investigating an ugly incident that marred the semi-final match between Frederick Smith and Christ Church Boys Foundation in the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Football League at Harrison College last Friday evening.
The incident took place after a young footballer was sent off by the female referee. He then proceeded to use obscene language loudly in front of the teachers and schoolchildren watching the match.
Later, the referee stopped the game and was engaged in a heated exchange with the boy which lasted for several minutes before he left the school’s compound.
The game was won by Frederick Smith 1-0 thanks to a goal by Sachin Corbin in the 48th minute. In the opening match St Leonard’s Boys defeated Alexandra 1-0 from a goal scored by Kyle Bascombe.
St Leonard’s and Alexandra will meet in the finals on Thursday.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App