St Lucia was the place to be last weekend for jazz lovers; and a healthy number of Barbadians took the trip –– for the soothing sounds. A noticeable Bajan contingent was among the large crowd gathered by the main stage on Pigeon Island as Barbadian Soca Queen Alison Hinds took to the stage on Friday.
Hinds was in her usual top form, performing several of her well known hits to the delight of patrons. However, the night’s headliner was none other than reggae legend Barrington Levy, who performed for a full hour. Barbados TODAY photographer Remy Rock was in the crowd and captured some of the action.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App