Barbados is under-utilising an economic development programme with the United States.
That’s according to trade attorney Andrea Ewart, who is calling for more education on the Caribbean Basin Initiative.
Speaking during a technical meeting with the private sector this morning at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, School of Business, Ewart blamed this on lack of awareness and changes to the US economy among other issues.
She said the local private sector needs to engage the US more.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App