No one says “I’m sorry,” quite like Rihanna.
The 26-year-old attended the Los Angeles Clippers playoff game against the Oklahoma City Thunder last Friday and sat courtside next to L.A. Police Commission President Steve Soboroff.
But when the two decided to snap a selfie together, RiRi accidentally dropped his phone on the court, cracking the screen.
Instead of simply replacing the broken cell, the “Stay” singer took to Twitter, writing, “Sorry I broke your phone @SteveSoboroff :)” and then donated $25,000 to the Los Angeles Police Foundation which benefits cadets from underprivileged backgrounds and the families of fallen officers.
While the pop star didn’t break his new phone, she did autograph the broken one with, “Sorry! I ♥LAPD. Rihanna.”
Soboroff has since put it up for auction on eBay to raise funds for LAPD’s Cadet Program and The Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation. As of Wednesday morning, the bids were already over $8,000. (Yahoo News)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App