Veteran trade union leader Sir Roy Trotman is now recuperating at home following a successful surgery at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Sir Roy, general secretary of the Barbados Workers Union, was hospitalised earlier this week with a spinal disorder.
In a statement issued today, the executive council of the BWU dismissed rumours surrounding Sir Roy’s illness, saying his “recovery is well on the way”.
“The executive council understands that Sir Roy will visit with his doctors in another couple days, when a fuller medical report will be made available to the public,” the Council added.
The Council has thanked Dr John Gill and his team, including anaesthetist Curtis Alleyne for performing a successful operation.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App