A 27-year-old Barbadian who allegedly came back from Trinidad over the weekend with three kilos of cocaine in his luggage was remanded to prison when he appeared in court today.
Jehron Connolly, 27, of Enterprise, Christ Church, was denied bail when he appeared at the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court and pleaded not guilty to the charges of possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of the illegal drug.
He will return to court on June 16.
Connolly flew back to Barbados on Saturday. After he cleared Immigration and was interviewed by Drug Squad personnel, his luggage was searched and the cocaine was allegedly found in a false compartment of his bag.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App