Police are investigating a robbery which occurred earlier this afternoon at Bank Hall, St Michael.
The victim, who did not want to be identified, said her car was broken into while she was working at a Q In The Community event at Pavilion Road, near Empire Sports Club.
When our team arrived around 4 p.m. police were not yet on the scene, but the glass to her Toyota motor car was shattered and there was other visible evidence of forced entry.
The women, who is an employee of LIME, reported that her work laptop was among the items stolen as well as the car’s bass speaker and amp.
“They went into the trunk, [they took] the liquid soap, handbag, all of my personal belongings,” said the woman who added:
“I was told [that] out here is notorious for this type of behaviour.”
After waiting for more than an hour for police, she also complained that “we are just waiting here in vain”.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App