Combermere moved into second place in the Central Zone of the 2014 Coca Cola Barbados Secondary Schools’ Football League when they trounced Ellerslie 3-0 at St. Stephen’s, Black Rock, St. Michael yesterday.
Scoring for the winners were Zidane Clarke in the 11th minute, Dicarlo Cox in the 40th and Ramon Toppin with the last kick of the match in the 50th minute.
The win puts the Waterford boys on seven points, two behind defending champions Pine Hill St. Leonard’s who remain unbeaten on nine points from three wins. Yesterday they blanked Lester Vaughan 3-0 at Vaucluse.
In the other Central Zone game St. George Secondary drew 1-1 with Harrison College at Content. Nicholas Ellis scored for the home team while Reshawn Thomas replied for the College.
In the South Zone Tang Parkinson became the first team to qualify for the quarter-finals when they edged Princess Margaret 2-1 at Six Roads. Coby Mayers continued his record of scoring in every game when he fortuitously opened the scoring for the Pine boys in the 35th minute. Ten minutes later Taquon Smith added another before Racarda Brathwaite pulled one back two minutes from time for the losers but by then it was too little too late.
In another South Zone match Christ Church Foundation and Graydon Sealy battled to a 0-0 draw at Bay Primary.
In the North Zone Alexandra defeated Alleyne 1-0 at Belleplaine with a Jaylan Gilkes strike while Frederick Smith and Coleridge and Parry played to a 0-0 draw at Ashton.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App