The motorsports season switches from Top Gear to high gear this weekend with the Scotiabank King Of The Hill which will take place at Vaucluse, St. Thomas.
As the precursor to the Caribbean’s biggest motorsports international, SOL Rally Barbados, this year’s Scotiabank King of the Hill promises to be one of the most exciting in years.
The 2014 entry is the best ever in the WRC (World Rally Car) classes. There are seven WRC-1 cars, including last year’s Scotiabank King of the Hill winner Neil Armstrong (Suzuki SRX WRC), Paul Bird (Ford Focus WRC08), Roger Skeete (Subaru Impreza WRC S12) and Paul Bourne (Focus WRC07), the previous winners.
Leading up to the rally action, Scotiabank’s director of corporate & commercial Banking (Barbados) Victor Boyce met with chairman of the Barbados Rally Club Mark Hamilton to discuss the plans in place for King of the Hill.
“This is Scotiabank’s third year as a sponsor of King of the Hill and it has been a great partnership for us. It’s clear to anyone just how much Barbadians love rallying and the Barbados Rally Club really must be commended for all their hard work in putting together this fantastic community event,” Boyce said. (PR)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App