Some 222 of the invasive lionfish were caught during the first derby and organized by the Coastal Zone Management Unit.
Nine teams took part in today’s competition held at the Harbour Lights in Carlisle Bay, Bay Street, St Michael.
The largest fish was 40.5 centimeters long, while the shortest was 15.4 centimeters.
The largest catch by a single team was 54. It was caught by Hightide and the Centre for Resource Management and Environmental Studies of the University of the West Indies.
After the fish were caught and cleaned, residents flocked to the tent where the cook-off was being held.
Organisers say the event was very successful.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App