Combermere overcame a game-high 21 points from Rasheed Maynard to defeat Darryl Jordan 34-25 this evening at their Waterford, St Michael court, as action in the Co-operators General Insurance-sponsored National Sports Council’s Under-16 Secondary Schools Basketball Competition continued.
While Maynard had the hot hands the rest of his team-mates were palpably cold throughout. Combermere led 16-8 at the half and with better defending of Maynard might have won the game more easily. Dondre Hurdle was the only player in double figures for Combermere with ten points but got adequate support from his team-mates.
At Ellerslie, the home side defeated Queen’s College 38-24 after leading 13-5 at the half. Ellerslie’s Jamali Holder with 16 points was the only player in double figures in the encounter.
In a close encounter at Deighton Griffith, the home side prevailed 31-27 over the St Michael School. The visitors led 18-14 at the half but their offense went awry on resumption. Jadeon Walton and Jamai White scored 13 and 10 points respectively to lead the Christ Church school while O’Shannon Vaughan, 13, and Kadeem Douglas, 12, led the offensive effort for St Michael School.
In action yesterday Graydon Sealy defeated Foundation 48-37 at Foundation while Rasheed Maynard was the star again with 23 points as Darryl Jordan demolished Lester Vaughan 39-14.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App