At least two zones have had their qualifiers determined when the latest round of the Coca Cola Barbados Secondary Schools Football League continued yesterday.
Pine Hill St Leonard’s defeated Combermere 4-1 in a top of the table clash in the Central Zone at Richmond. The win took the unbeaten defending champions to 13 points while Combermere qualified in second place on ten.
In the South Zone, Tang Parkinson eased past second placed Lodge 3-1.
Tyrese Horton opened the scoring for the Pine boys in the 15th minute while captain Roshon Gittens equalized from a free kick three minutes before half-time to leave the scores locked at 1-1.
However, in the second half Josh Shepherd added another in the 38th minute and Taquon Smith closed the deal with another five minutes from time to keep last year’s losing finalists at the top of the zone.
In another South Zone match Princess Margaret clinched the other automatic qualifying spot with a 2-0 victory over Graydon Sealy at Six Roads while Foundation lost to neighbours Deighton Griffith 3-1 in a surprising result at Kingsland.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App