Captain Kraigg Brathwaite hit his sixth first-class century as Sagicor West Indies High Performance Centre (HPC) beat Bangladesh “A” by 351 runs on the third day of their four-day match at the Windward Club Ground, Lucas Street, today.
Set 504 to win, Bangladesh “A” were bowled for 152 in 38.2 overs. The match ended at 5 p.m. with 8.4 overs left in the day’s play. Opener Samsur Rahman top-scored with 33.
Barbadian fast bowler Miguel Cummins was the top wicket-taker with four for 40 off 12 overs. Leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo took three for 58 and left-arm pacer Sheldon Cotterrell, two for 25.
Starting the day on 170 for two, HPC declared at 351 for eight off 85.1 overs in their second innings. Brathwaite top-scored with 164 after starting the day on 96. He batted for 341 minutes, faced 237 balls and struck 15 fours and one six.
The 21-year-old Barbadian reached his century in 178 minutes off 129 balls with ten fours and one six. His 150 came in 322 minutes off 224 balls and included 14 fours and one six.
Other main contributors to the total were Leon Johnson (42), Jonathan Carter (49) and Carlos Brathwaite (37). (BCA)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App