A poacher is on the run after lawmen encountered him with 703 sea eggs.
Members of the Police Marine Unit supported by members of the Barbados Coast Guard met the man around 1:15 pm yesterday, while at Bath, St. John.
However, the poacher escaped, leaving nine polythene bags containing the sea eggs and fishing implements, lawmen said.
A marine biologist identified the sea eggs as being young.
Police say they would continue to investigate the find and have promised increased vigilance against the illegal activity.
Anyone with knowledge of such activities should contact the police emergency number 211.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App