The Diabetes Association of Barbados is the latest beneficiary of the Chefette donation box programme, which was conceptualized in 2001 to assist charities.
Recently, a cheque in the amount of $8,000 was received by Mrs Esme Yearwood, 1st vice president, and Kenrick Corbin, public relations officer of the Diabetes Association of Barbados.
Corbin, on receiving the cheque, expressed sincere gratitude to Chefette and assured that the funds provided would go a long way towards their continued educational outreach programmes.
Lisa Carter, advertising manager of Chefette, said “we are happy to continue to assist the Diabetes Association and appreciate the generosity of our loyal customers who contributed significantly towards our charitable efforts”.
The donation boxes are placed in all 15 restaurants and two BBQ Barns allowing customers to make monetary contributions. This is in addition to funds contributed by Chefette.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App