Firemen are currently battling a major blaze at Thomas Gap, Westbury Road, St Michael that has so far consumed four houses and damaged a fifth.
It was unclear what was the origin of the fire.
However, police also had to be called in to control members of an angry mob, who were reportedly upset with police treatment of a resident in the same area.
Our news team is on the scene and we will bring you further details and pictures in our next update.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App