Barbados beat the Leeward Islands by 68 runs in the third round of the West Indies Cricket Board’s Under-17 Championship at Bon Accord in Tobago today.
Chasing 153 to win off 50 overs, the Leewards were bowled out for a mere 84 in 28.2 overs.
Karima Gore top-scored with 23 off 39 balls.
Medium-pacer Shamar Springer took three for 18 off six overs, pacer Tremaine Harris, three for 25 off ten overs and seamer Dominic Drakes, two for 18 off six overs.
Apart from Gore, the other batsman dismissed were Tyrone Williams (0), captain Ross Powell (4), Dmitri Adams (0), Philo Wallace (six), Jaeel Clarke (two), Cameron Pennyfeather (16), Jaidel Richardson (eight), Jerrickson Louis (six) and Zubin Deyal (one). Mrinal Wadwha was not out on seven.
Earlier Barbados were bowled out for 152 off 42 overs after they were sent in.
Wicket-keeper/batsman Yvan Grant led the way with 67. He faced 92 balls and struck five fours and four sixes.
The other batsmen dismissed were captain Leniko Boucher (0), Deswin Currency (5), Nicholas Kirton (0), Dikembe Wilson (11), Springer (13), Drakes (three), Pierce (seven), Harris (12) and Jadeja Edwards (10). Kevon Bartlett was not out on six.
Louis took four for 18 off six overs and Richardson, three for 16 off eight overs.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App