The Barbados Under-19 rugby team received a boost when Volvic bottled water agreed to sponsor a new set of playing kit for the team.
The Barbados team left for Trinidad and Tobago today where they will be competing in the North American and Caribbean Rugby Association (NACRA) Under-19 Championships.
In the group stages they are set to play Jamaica and Cayman Islands, the finals being played on July 19.
Mark Doherty, divisional manager of Massey Distribution said it was a pleasure to be able to support the young athletes and said his company wished them the best of luck during the tournament.
“Having Volvic as a sponsor is a perfect synergy as these young sportsmen need to rehydrate often and Volvic is a top quality bottled water whom most people are familiar with,” Doherty said.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App