Barbados were defeated by the Windward Islands by five wickets today as action continued in the WICB’s Under-17 Cricket Tournament at Shaw Park in Tobago.
Batting first after winning the toss, Barbados were restricted to 190 for 8 in their 50 overs. Barbados started disastrously and slumped to 58 for four before Yvan Grant with 59 and Dominic Drakes with an unbeaten 43 brought some respectability back to the total.
In reply, an unbeaten 83 from opening batsman Anil Matthew and 75 from the number four Emmanuel Stewart, saw the Windward Islands to victory in 49. 2 overs. Matthew and Stewart added 146 for the second wicket.
Drakes was the best of the Barbadian bowlers with 3 for 34.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App