A 30 year old man has been detained in legal custody after he was charged in connection with the June 3 shooting death of Dereck Hunte of Lynches, St Philip.
Stuart Kenny McMillan Harewood, 30, of Bequest St Philip appeared in the District C Magistrate’s Court yesterday and was remanded until August 14.
Police say the victim was liming with other persons in the community when a vehicle arrived and gunshots were fired. After running a short distance away, Hunte, who was shot, died at the scene.
Investigations are continuing. (PR)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App