A 25-year-old Jamaican woman has been charged with drug trafficking offences.
Tasha Gay Blake, 25, is accused of importing a pound of cannabis via the Grantley Adams International Airport.
She has been charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of the drug.
Police say Blake handed over a number of pellets of cannabis which were hidden about her body after being interviewed by personnel from the Drug Squad and Customs. She was then referred to the QEH where she passed an additional three packages containing pellets of cannabis which she had ingested.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App