A 25-year-old Jamaican woman has been charged with drug trafficking offences.
Tasha Gay Blake, 25, is accused of importing a pound of cannabis via the Grantley Adams International Airport.
She has been charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of the drug.
Police say Blake handed over a number of pellets of cannabis which were hidden about her body after being interviewed by personnel from the Drug Squad and Customs. She was then referred to the QEH where she passed an additional three packages containing pellets of cannabis which she had ingested.
Recent Local News
- Nishal's plight a wake-up call to parents
- Central Bank opens debt exchange forum on Monday
- Weather Update: Tropical Depression #11 and Tropical Storm Kirk
- Statement from the DLP on the passing of Evelyn Greaves
- Evelyn Greaves an example of dedication and commitment - PM Mottley
- Barbadian diplomat Evelyn Greaves has died
- Mobile App