An early morning fire has destroyed a wooden shop and damaged an attached wall house at Bullens Avenue, Dalkeith Road, St. Michael.
The home was owned by 81-year-old Winifred Howard; two other persons were residing there at the time.
Ten members of the Barbados Fire Service and two tenders responded to the blaze.
Lawmen believe the fire, which began at about 2:15 am, may have been caused by an electrical fault.
The property was uninsured.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App