Barbados’ corporate communicators and public relations practitioners have new leadership, following elections in the island’s lone communications association –– International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Barbados.
President is Sophia Cambridge, a public relations manager with 15 years’ experience who served as president elect under the previous administration.
“During the past five years we have made significant inroads in gaining respect for the strategic value of corporate communications at the highest level in Barbados in the public and the private sector,” said Cambridge, who is the public relations manager with the BHL Group.
“We will continue this effort to increase the trust leaders have in us to use strategic communication to help shape the direction of our organizations.”
Cambridge has a robust team to assist her in carrying out her one-year mandate, which commenced on July 9: president elect Marilyn Sealy, senior delegate and VP finance Lynda Holder, VP professional development Jackie Marshall-Clarke, VP communications Christal P. Austin, VP marketing Richard Thomas, VP membership Sara Odle, and VP administration Fay Cooke-Nurse.
There are also co-vice presidents on board to support the executive in its 2014-2015 strategy, as well as to provide continuity of leadership.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App