Hundreds of people filled the Frank Collymore Hall last night for a concert that looked at the events that led to the 1937 uprising.
The occasion was the annual Crop Over Folk Concert, which this year took on the form of a folk musical – How Hard the Times.
It followed the exploits of two families – the Thorpes, a planter class family, and the Blackmans, a working class family.
The historical fiction was written by Michelle Cox and Anthony Hinkson and focused on the conditions that preceded and contributed to the event.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App