Biggie Irie broke down in tears after claiming his first soca monarch title in Barbados.
Biggie wowed the judges and thousands of soca lovers gathered at Bushy Park last evening for Soca Royale with his performance of Pankatang, earning 474 points, and walking away with the coveted title.
Veteran Red Plastic Bag with his Rollercoaster came in second with 432 points.
Rounding of the winner’s circle were Sanctuary (393) with Mega Monday in third place, while defending monarch, Blood could only must 382 with his Certified Feter to earn him fourth place.
In the party monarch competition, first time competitor Gorg rode in on a bicycle but drove out in a car.
His performance of the crowd favourite – My Rum – earned him 384 points.
Second place went to defending monarch Soka Kartel (382 points) who performed Turn Around. Mikey’s No Shame earned him 373 points and the third spot, while Blood was again fourth. His performance of Road garnered 356 points from the judges.
- Tremor jolts Jamaica
- GUYANA - Baby dies after brother feeds him rat poison
- THE BAHAMAS - No ‘rest’ for killer
- REGIONAL - Aide-de-camp to Bahamas’ GG gunned down in front of daughter
- REGIONAL - Counsellor says one suicide committed every week in Jamaica
- JAMAICA - Family, teachers, classmates mourn teen
- Mobile App