Barbados Under-14s began their Cornwall leg of the England tour with a five-wicket win over Cornwall Under-14s on Monday.
Playing at Paul Cricket Ground in Penzance in the south of England, Barbados Under-14s won the toss and elected to field.
Cornwall were dismissed for 153 from 44.3 overs in the 45-over-a-side contest.
They were undermined by the spin trio, off-spinner Shamar Persaud with three for 21 and left-arm spinners Najee Bishop and Rikeem Headley two for 23 and 24 respectively.
Captain Javed Lovell paved the way for Barbados’ success with a fine 55 including seven fours as his side reached 154 for five with 12 balls remaining. All-rounder Shaquan Collymore weighed in with an undefeated 33 and Mekhail Marshall ended on 18 not out.
Last Friday the Barbados Under-14s tasted their only victory when the curtain came down on the Taunton Under-14 Festival at King’s College.
Barbados comfortably defeated Northants Under-14s by eight wickets after they were set a mere 65 to win.
In the penultimate game last Thursday they lost by one wicket to Buckinghamshire. Barbados Under-14s finished the festival with one win and four losses. Essex Under-14s were the champions.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App