Motorists are asked to note that a number of traffic changes will be in effect to facilitate the hosting of Cohobblopot at Kensington Oval on Sunday, August 3.
These changes take effect from 4 p.m. on Sunday until 2:30 a.m. on Monday, August 4, and include the closure of Kensington New Road, from its junction with Fontabelle Road to its junction with Holborn Circle; and President Kennedy Drive, from its junction with Westbury Road to its junction with Holborn Circle, St Michael, to all vehicular traffic.
In addition, no parking will be allowed along the Princess Alice Highway from its junction with Cowell Street to its junction with Harbour Road, St Michael.
Vehicles will also only be allowed to pick up or drop off passengers along Fontabelle Road, from its junction with Lakes Folly to its junction with President Kennedy Drive; Westbury Road, from its junction with President Kennedy Drive to its junction with Baxters Road; Redman Drive; Prescod Boulevard; Baxters Road; Eagle Hall Road, the Spring Garden Highway and Kensington New Road.
Similar rules apply along the emergency route that runs from President Kennedy Drive and proceeds along Westbury Road, Passage Road, Country Road, Roebuck Street, Halls Road and Martindale’s Road, St Michael.
Drivers are asked to comply with the regulations of officers from the Royal Barbados Police Force.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App