Gwyneth Squires has done it again, capturing the Robert Weekes Award for Best Festival Designer in both the Junior and Grand Kadooment.
Making a clean sweep in the majority of the categories, the veteran bandleader and designer, with her presentation Controversee, also captured the Large Band of the Year, Most Colourful Large Band, and Topical categories.
She also won in the Individual Male category with a costume worn by Adrian Brathwaite – Caught Up In A Net Of Diplomacy. Her Female
Individuals, Shelly Durant (Dance Against The Duel) and Rhonda Stafford (Living In A Fool’s Paradise) came first and second respectively. Best Flag Person went to Didi Winston.
Best Party Band went to Wednesday 2000, which also captured Most Colourful Small Band.
Quincy Jones and Youth Explosion, again took away Community Costume and Presentation of the Year with Crop Over We Love. They also were top band in the Historical Category.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App