A potpourri of colour and splendour was on show this morning as thousands of masqueraders from 21 bands paraded at the National Stadium for this year’s Grand Kadooment.
The event that brings the 2014 Crop Over festival to an end, saw a number of parliamentarians joining with ordinary residents to put the stresses of their daily duties aside.
While Minister of Agriculture and Water Resource Management, Dr David Estwick watched the jumping and the whining from the comfort of the stands, his colleagues Mara Thompson, Irene Sandiford Garner and James Paul, took part in the revelry along the Stadium track.
Also in the parade was Point D’Interrogation, an 80-member guest band from Guadeloupe.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App