Two Jamaican men were due to appear at the District B Magistrates Court today after they were arrested and charged in separate incidents of drug trafficking.
They are 23 year old Tyrone Jerome Taylor and 40 year old Lance St Aubyn Barnes, who also face charges of possession, possession with intent to supply and importation.
Taylor arrived by air from Jamaica on August 2nd, 2014 and was interviewed by Police after clearing Immigration. He was referred to a medical facility where he passed out 47 packets containing cannabis which he had ingested. Barnes arrived by air from Jamaica on July 21st, 2014 and was interviewed by Police after clearing Immigration. He was referred to a medical facility where he passed out 74 packets containing cannabis.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App