A 35-year-old British drug mule pleaded guilty to four drug-related charges after appearing at the District B Magistrate’s Court today.
Cele Aniche, who is Nigerian-born, had passed out 52 packets containing cocaine at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. He will either have to pay a $15, 000 fine or spend 18 months in prison on the charge of possession. He was also fined $10,000 forthwith or 18 months behind bars on the charge of trafficking. On the charges of possession with intent to supply and importation he was reprimanded and discharged.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App