ROSEAU, Dominica – The Regional Women’s Super50 bowled off across Dominica yesterday with matches in both Group A and Group B taking place in four venues on the island.
The highlight of the day was the low scores in all of the matches that got the tournament going. Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago registered victories in Group A, while St Vincent and the Grenadines and Guyana won in Group B.
In a Group A match at Windsor Park between Barbados and Dominica, the hosts won the toss and elected to bat and were skittled out for just 52 in 20.3 overs. There were five ducks in the Dominican innings which saw just one batter getting into double figures.
Tiffany Graham top scored with 12 while Talima Ismael had the second highest score of seven. Leading the destruction for the Bajans was Shamilia Connell, who spearheaded the attack. The pacer finished with figures of 6 for 31 from her 10 overs.
In return, Barbados romped to their target in 7.4 overs with opener Hayley Matthews hitting an aggressive 36 from 28 balls. Her knock included four boundaries. Barbados lost just two wickets along the way, getting to 54 for 2 to complete an eight-wicket win.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App