Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Lady Belgrave, and Prime Minister Freundel Stuart led off the list of dignitaries, who today joined with the Barbados Defence Force (BDF) to celebrate its 35th anniversary.
The BDF marked the occasion with a service at the St Matthias Anglican Church attended by diplomats, representatives of the armed services and well wishers.
In his sermon Reverend Dr Nigel Taylor commended the men and women who help keep Barbados safe.
“I am proud,” he said, before adding, “You cannot do it alone” as he urged them to seek God’s guidance.
The service was held under the theme, Giving thanks for the past, committing to the future.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App