Julian Omari Cave, 19, of Parish Land, St. George has been charged in connection with two shootings that occurred late last month.
Police say Cave was at a Beer Fest event that was being held at the Glebe Playing Field, St. George, when an argument developed.
Jamario King, 18 and Lavastin Callender, 50, were subsequently shot.
King received gunshot injuries to his upper body and collapsed; he was taken to the Q.E.H by a private motor vehicle where he underwent emergency surgery and was detained.
Callender received a non-life threatening wound to his stomach and sought private medical attention.
Cave has been charged with wounding with intent, endangering life and using a firearm without a valid license He is due to appear in the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App