The 27-year-old woman, who was slashed across the throat and face by an ex-boyfriend yesterday morning as she headed to work in St Joseph, remains in serious but stable condition after undergoing surgery.
Margaret Christopher of Halls Road, St Michael is still warded at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. She was attacked by her former lover, in front of their six-year-old son, as she got off the bus in Parris Hill, St Joseph around 7:15 a.m. yesterday.
The man, whose name police have still not released, is at the QEH under police guard. He was treated for wounds to both wrists that he allegedly inflicted on himself.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App