The three-day Barbados Masters Waterpolo Tournament splashes off at the Aquatic Centre this Friday.
The Barbados Waterpolo Club will host the Old Mission Bay Water Polo Club from San Diego, as well as combined teams from Texas and Atlanta, USA. Barbados’ two teams for this tournament will be the Sharks and the Dolphins.
Waterpolo has been around for decades in Barbados and has been re-energized in more recent years through the senior and junior programmes developed by the Barbados Waterpolo Club. The inaugural Darren Eastmond Waterpolo Tournament held during Easter 2013, showcased the growing talent pool on the island, as teams from the USA as well as individuals from the United Kingdom competed for the championship trophy. After a hard fought battle throughout the weekend the Barbados A team emerged victorious.
Not only will there be exciting games to watch this weekend, but club members will be available to provide information on joining the Barbados Waterpolo Club, the youth, junior and upcoming school programmes as well as instructions on the sport and the fitness benefits.
Friday 15th August
– US Combined Team v Dolphins – 6:30.p.m.
– Old Mission Bay v Sharks – 7:45 p.m.
Saturday 16th August
– US Combined Team v Old Mission Bay –
– Dolphins v Sharks – 10:15 a.m.
– US Combined team v Sharks – 5:30 p.m.
– Dolphins v Old Mission Bay – 6:45 p.m.
Sunday 17th August
– #2 Ranked Team v #3 Ranked Team – 9 a.m.
– #1 Ranked Team v #4 Ranked Team –
– Bronze Medal Game – 3 p.m.
– Final – 4:15 p.m.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App