After living in the same house at Military Road, Bush Hall, St Michael for 35 years, Hartley Reeves now has to find a new home.
His three bedroom house went up in flames this evening, leaving the 68-year-old man at a loss.
Reeves, who did not have electricity in the house, told Barbados TODAY minutes earlier he’d blown out his kerosene lamp before walking to the neighbourhood shop to relax with friends.
It was there that he learnt his house was on fire.
Around half a dozen firefighters battled the blaze, which started after 8 pm.
Reeves said he lost everything, including lumber he’d stored to rebuild.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App